Saturday, February 02, 2008

My two minutes of fame with Sunnyland Tours

My friend Nat called me up the other day, asking me if I wanted to make a quick LE 50 ($9) for two minutes of work. He told me that Sunnyland Tours company is looking for foreigners to record a testimonial for their tour services. So, we recorded a spot in front of the Egyptian Museum with impromptu lines: “I’ve been in Egypt for two weeks now and have seen the sites: Pyramids, Luxor, Aswan. Ever since my guide picked us up at the airport, everything’s been on time and wonderful (Insert cheesy smile and wave). Thank you Sunnyland tours!” Afterwards, our photographer took us out to lunch at Abu Tariq, the most famous Koosharee restaurant in downtown Cairo.

The artist Andy Warhol once said that everyone has his 15 minutes of fame. Well, with two minutes gone, I suppose I now have 13 minutes left.

No comments: